Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 26, 2010

On being self -centered

I have got a daughter now, most of you already know, she is lovely, sweet and cries a lot when you don't see her and of course we publish very bright face of hers on the FaceBook.

I have realized a creey though coming to me as a remedy, as a resolution to all stupid things around....I will make this girl like MYSELF.

I will show her the world(the way I see it), will bring books to read and explore the music and everything which I like....another soft copy of unique existance of us? why???

Someone help me on this dilema.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I had, and still sometimes have, the same feeling for my son. Even before he was born: when an ultrasound snapshot of the sole of his foot showed his second toe is longer than his first (big) toe, the same as mine. Apparantly, it's a dominant gene. You know, at the end of the day, it's all about the dominant genes of you and your partner. As simple as mixing two solutions and make a third one with all the expected features.
    I know my son's world won't be the same as mine. It's gonna be much more colorful and joyful. It's already obvious. The things that he's going to learn and the places he is going to be are beyond my imagination.
    However, I really get scared and hopeless when I see my own shortcoming, fears, and failures in him.
    Isn't human being just repeating himself? Ain't all the advancements and technologies around us just some toys to cover our fears? fear of loneliness and powerlessness. The very same fears that scared the shit out of our ancestors in their caves?
    That famous cut from the bone to the spaceship in "2001: A Space Odyssey" says it all.
    - Amir.

    ReplyDelete